Sunday, February 16, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

GROW IN LOVE, GROW IN GOD

Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

Ephesians 4:15 NIV

One of the sign that shows a Christian has grown in the Lord is if he walks in love. Many think if they can recall many scriptures and preach the word of God to others they have grown in the Lord. They measure their growth in terms of the gifts that they posses without knowing that there is more in God.

We read in 1 Corinthians 12:31, Apostle Paul says the following: Continue to give your attention to the spiritual gifts you consider to be the greatest. But now I want to point out a way of life that is even greater. He then started writing the famous chapter 13 that every Christian in one way or another knows. Paul said that it is good to pay attention for different known gifts in the body of Christ; however, he wanted to tell them something that is greater than any of those gifts.

He started chapter 13 by saying: I may speak in different languages, whether human or even of angels. But if I don’t have love, I am only a noisy bell or a ringing cymbal.  I may have the gift of prophecy, I may understand all secrets and know everything there is to know, and I may have faith so great that I can move mountains. But even with all this, if I don’t have love, I am nothing. (Ve.1-2)

Here Apostle Paul was teaching the church that the maturity of our salvation is measured by love but not by gifts. He wanted them to know that even if they had great gifts, seeing many visions and speak different languages by the aid of the Spirit of God they needed to walk in love in order to be complete.

This morning, I just want you to know in order to grow in God you need first to grow in love. You need to grow in love of Christ, love other and have a forgiving heart. If you cannot forgive people who have wronged you until now and you call yourself a born again Christian; something is wrong somewhere in you. You need to ask God to help you walk in love and you will be able to grow in Him.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, forgive me for not walking in love. Help me to love You and my fellow humans as my own self. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment