Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

THE JOY BRINGER 2

[After all] the kingdom of God is not a matter of [getting the] food and drink [one likes], but instead it is righteousness (that state which makes a person acceptable to God) and [heart] peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Romans 14:17 AMP

I wanted to write about something else but last night the Spirit of God, who we serve, directed me to continue explaining about His work of bringing and maintaining joy in the life of believers. In life we all face challenges, in my personal life I have passed through the periods of fire, mighty water and walk in the lonely cold valleys of life.

There have been times I felt so all alone, but one thing I was certain is that the Spirit of God was with me in everything. I have seen my joy being the same in the midst of sorrow and pain. I have seen the Spirit of God giving me strength in the time my mind had nothing to convince my heart to stay strong. The Lord has strengthened me and fills my heart with His joy in the times of fear and despair.

I have seen the Lord lifting me up from the well of heaviness and cover me with the garment of praise. He has given me beauty instead of ashes, and hope for discouragement. I don't know what you are passing through but I want to encourage you to ask the Lord to fill your heart with His joy.

This morning, ask the Lord to fill you with His joy that you may get the strength you need to get rid of your mountain (trial, temptation). The Psalmist says: For His anger is but for a moment, but His favor is for a lifetime or in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning, Psalms 30:5.

It doesn't matter what you did in the past but you need to know there is still room for you to rejoice in the Lord. God is waiting for people who are tired of sin, people who are tired of relying in their own understanding that He may give them rest and fill their hearts with joy. The joy of the Lord is found in the Holy Spirit, if you don't have the Spirit of Jesus in you then this is the good day to ask Him to fill you with overflowing presence of His Holy Spirit.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Dear Heavenly Father, I'm asking that You may fill my heart with your Spirit this morning. Help me to walk in the Spirit that I may have the peace and joy which passes all human understanding. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment