Saturday, February 22, 2014

Morning with Ebenezer

STRUGGLING WITH YOUR PAST?

I don’t mean to say I am perfect. I haven’t learned all I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be.

No, dear brothers, I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us.

Philippians 3:12-14 TLB

For sure we all have our past; there are things that happened some time ago that we are not so proud of them. For Christians we know that God has forgiven us from our sinful past but this does not guarantee that we won't struggle to forget it or move on with our present lives.

The nature of human teaches us to get even with people who do us wrong; if someone slaps you on one cheek, you need to slap him back. So many find it difficult to believe that God has freely forgiven them from all their sins through; Jesus Christ because they are not used to forgive others freely without getting a revenge first.

Some of us still struggle with the life styles that we once lived. The devil kept on sending those bad memories in our minds over and over again to make us unhappy and miserable. We keep telling ourselves that we have committed great sins and hence we can't be forgiven without being punished. 

This morning, I just want you to know that your past is over. God has forgiven you and the blood of His Son has cleansed all of your sins. You are a new creation in Christ Jesus, the old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

You need to be active and plan for future. There is a reason you are still alive up to this day; God wants you to maximize every opportunity that is before you for the glory of His kingdom. If you are student, this is time to study hard that you may help your fellow believers when you are done with your studies.

If God has blessed you with a job, you need to do whatever it takes that you may be the best in what you’re doing that the name of Jesus may be glorified. You need to use the same efforts in your relationships and marriage if you have blessed with a life partner. Let go of the past, embrace the present and prepare yourself for the better future, knowing best is yet to come in God.

****Morning Prayer****
Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for forgiving me. Help to forget what is in the past and try as hard as I can to reach the goal before me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment