Monday, November 11, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

DON'T GRIEVE THE SPIRIT

Don’t cause the Holy Spirit sorrow by the way you live. Remember, he is the one who marks you to be present on that day when salvation from sin will be complete.

Ephesians 4:30 TLB

In life we do many things that grieve the Holy Spirit of God. Grieve is the act of feeling grief or great sorrow. So many of us have grieved the Spirit of God in different areas of our lives; and without knowing we continued doing some things which kept on increasing sorrow to the Spirit of God.

In my own personal life, I can admit that I have grieved the Spirit of God in many things. There are some decisions that I made and soon after making them, I lacked peace in my heart. Before I could not understand that why after doing some things the peace of God disappeared in me; but later I discovered that there were some things that grieved the Spirit of God in me.

I have learnt that Spirit of God will give you indications before you do anything that can grieve Him. If you force to go somewhere, to do something or even to enter into relationship with someone; He will not give you peace on that plan of yours. If you will insist doing it anyway, after you have done it, He will take away His peace in you as a sign you have grieved Him. 

This morning, God wants you to stop grieving His Spirit. Try to live according to His will and the word of God. Remember, He is the one who will confirm to God that you were His in this life on that day of redemption. He will tell the Father and the Son, that you received His indwelling and infilling power in this life.

He will say that He helped you to pray with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words. Give the Holy Spirit a chance to help you in everything you do today. Let Him be the one who will direct you in every step in your life and help you to make every single decision.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I'm asking that You may forgive me for grieving Your Holy Spirit. Help me to live according to your Word from this day on-wards. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment