Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

HE CAN TEACH YOU TO PRAY

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.

Romans 8:26 NLT

It was one evening when one of my friends had invited me to the fellowship of believers. I was about 15 years in secondary school and the fire of the Lord started burning in me. When I entered in that small hall which had like 25 to 30 believers I heard them praying in tongues, singing and magnifying God with their humble voices.

It was an abnormal experience to me seeing people praying at that rate, praising with that kind of joy which I could sense in my born marrow. I came from a religious background which was not common to see people praying that much because most of the things where written in books and our religious leaders tend to read everything.

I did not do anything that day, I could not pray like the way they did. I spoke one, two or three words and I felt like I was out of words and I couldn't continue praying like they did. I liked the way they prayed but I didn't know how in the world I will be able to pray like them if it was not the Holy Spirit who taught me. Having that kind of experience, I went home that day asking the Spirit of God to teach me to pray like them and even more if He wills.

This morning, God wants you to ask the Holy Spirit to teach you to pray. It may sound familiar to you, maybe you have been a believer for years now. You may say to yourself that You don't need Him to teach You now, because you have prayed for many things and got your answers directly from the Lord.

What I have learned is that we need to sit in the feet of Jesus and learn from Him daily. I would love for the Spirit of God to teach me how to pray and reveal Himself everyday when I go before God in prayers. If you are still a young believer struggling to imitate people and copy their style of prayers, you don't need to do that anymore.

The Holy Spirit of God can teach you to pray in a unique way, it will not be like that strong believer in your church or that prayer warrior in your fellowship. It will be original from Him, which will edify the body of Christ in a new way nothing like what you knew before.

****Morning Prayer***

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Jehovah God, I thank You for word. Holy Spirit I'm asking that You may teach me to pray. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment