Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

DISQUALIFIED

I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

1 Corinthians 9:27 NLT

Preaching to others about Christ and telling others about the things of God does not guarantee you to inherit the kingdom of God. Jesus said that not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord! will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

There are those who are so called ministers in this life that will go to Jesus in the last day and say these words on the judgment day. '' On judgment day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name. Jesus will then answer them by saying,'' You have never been mine. Go away, for your deeds are evil. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Apostle Paul knew that you can be a minister of the Gospel and yet be rejected on the judgment day by the Lord. He knew that preaching without living the word was like pouring water into a broken bucket and expect that the bucket will be full. It is the same when we proclaim about the Lord and not live what we preach; we will end up with nothing at the end of the day.

This morning, I just want to remind you to discipline your body that you may not be disqualified. Make sure you live what you preach, and know that whatever you do including the hidden things will be judged as the writer of the book says;'' For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:14)

As we are winding up the year 2013, this is a good time for you to look back and try to fix all the broken parts of your life. While you are doing that make sure to look the state of your spirit; know that the Lord is on His way to come back to take His church. Live the life according to your calling, knowing that the Lord God is watching over you.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I'm asking that you may help me to discipline my body that I may not be disqualified on the Day of Judgment. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment