Thursday, December 12, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6 ESV

I remember there are some Christian’s songs which I used to listen when I was a child in our humble home; that sing inside of me until to this day. My mummy taught me the word of the Lord when I was still young; and beseeches me to walk in the way of the Lord and to keep His commandments. My parents taught me the importance of going to the house of the Lord; and went with me during all my childhood.

During that time all those things didn't mean much for me because I had a childhood mind. When I started growing up and understanding what was right and wrong; I came to understand that there was a fear of the Lord inside of me which was built by my parents since my childhood. I remembered what I used to hear in Sunday schools and those gospel songs which I sang when I was a child. This made me to seek to understand more about the Kingdom of God in my adulthood life.

I have learnt that if we train our children in the way of the Lord; they will not depart from it even when they are old. I'm not saying all children will keep what they have been told; but there will be a seed of the word inside of them which will encourage them to return to the Lord even if they went far from His commandments. The word which was deposited in them in their childhood will continue calling them back to the Lord always.

This morning, God wants you to start planting the seed of the word of God to young generation. You may say, I don't have children and so I will wait until I get mine and teach them the word of God. But if you will look around you, you will find many children and young people who can use your help when it comes to the things of God.

In the mean time you can be a guider of people who are still babies in the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ even if they are mature in the form of appearance. If you have been with the Lord for a while, I'm sure you will have something to share with someone new in the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ. Use whatever talent or gift which the Lord has given you to spread the Gospel to all people, and our Heavenly Father will bless you.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord use me to spread your Gospel of truth to younger generation; that they may learn to love and fear you in all the days of their lives. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment