Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

ARE YOU ANGRY AT GOD?

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
    Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
    And by night, but I find no rest.

Psalm 22:1-2 ESV

Some have stopped trusting God because He did not do the things which they wanted Him to do for them. Many have stopped going to churches because they were disappointed by few Pastors or some local spiritual leaders and hence they decided to stay at home. We have another group of people who are angry at God because of sufferings or loss.

Many times we tend to enforce our own agendas before God and we forget that He has a plan for our lives. When we pray and believe for something and for some unknown reasons we get different answers. This does not mean that God does not love us, or He can't do what we asked; but it just means God has a better plan in mind compared to what we wanted.

It takes a prudent person to understand the ways of the Lord. Being angry with God will not help you because the Bible says, ''And I heard the altar saying, “Yes, Lord God the Almighty, true and just are your judgments!” Revelation 16:7. Pastor John Piper says the following about being angry at God.

Being angry at God is never right. It is wrong - always wrong - to disapprove of God for what he does and permits. "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?" (Genesis 18:25). It is arrogant for finite, sinful creatures to disapprove of God for what he does and permits. We may weep over the pain. We may be angry at sin and Satan. But God does only what is right. 

This morning, God wants you to know He has a plan for your life. He sometimes comes on time in a wrong time of your life. This means He may seems to delay doing something for you to today when you needed Him most; and do it tomorrow when less needed it. But if that is His perfect timing, that answer will be more meaningful and helpful for you compared if you would get it in the time you wanted.

Sometimes He allows us to face some things in order to Know Him better and in a deeper level. Like the way Andraé Crouch says in His Classic song, Through it all, ''I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys, I thank Him for the storms He brought me through. For if i never had a problem, I wouldn’t know God could solve them, I’d never know what faith in God could do.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, there are many things which I do not understand, that has caused hurt and anger inside of me. Lord I can no longer live like this, I'm all to you that you may heal me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment