Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

FORGIVING HEART

Don’t be angry with each other, but forgive each other. If you feel someone has wronged you, forgive them. Forgive others because the Lord forgave you.

Colossians 3:13 ERV


In this life people will rise and do you wrong. Life will not be fair for you as sometimes it seems to be; some will give you promises which they will not be able to keep them. Others will say words which will hurt you and cause a lot of pain in you. You will experience rejection from even the closest friends you once trusted.

Some things will happen to you and you will feel like life is bulling you in the direction which you don't want. As a child of God in all these chaos of life, you need to teach your heart to forgive. You need to ask God to give you strength to forgive, receive forgiveness and letting it go that you may continue your life with joy. 

I have learnt that my heart becomes so heavy when I add the burden of unforgiveness inside me. Living with bitterness is like drinking poison and hope it will affect another person. The grieved heart may translate forgiveness as letting someone get away with what he/she did to you; but one thing you should learn that forgiving someone does not make him/her right but sets you free!

This morning, I just want to encourage you to ask God to build in you a forgiving heart. Maybe you have been a Christian for a long time, and you have been believing God in almost everything in your life. When it comes to forgiveness you still struggle to forgive and you sometimes wish you can take all matters in your own hands.

If you will teach your heart to forgive, you will live a peaceful life. If you forgive those who did wrong to you also your Father in heaven will forgive you. Having a forgiving attitude will give you confidence to stand before God asking for your forgiveness knowing you have forgiven those who wronged you. May God help you to forgive.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may give me power to forgive those who have wronged me. Give me strength to forgive myself and letting go all hurtful memories inside of me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment