Sunday, February 3, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

MONICA'S PERSISTENCE

And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.

Luke 18:1 ESV

Monica or St. Monica as known to many was the mother of St. Augustine of Hippo. Monica lived between 331 A.D- 387 A.D; she suffered abuse from his husband who was a pagan and unfaithful in their marriage. She prayed for 30 years for the conversion of her husband, and 17 years for the conversion of her Son Augustine. She did not give up, when she saw her son engaged himself in sexual immorality and every kind of sins; but he continued praying and trusting God and behold before she died on the age of 56, God had answered her prayers.

 I always relate St. Monica with the persistent widow in the Luke 18:1-8; who kept going to the unrighteous judge to demand her justice against her enemy. At the end of the day that judge decided to grant her justice because he feared to be bothered always. If this unrighteous judge gave the justice to this widow, how much our God will give to us, who we cry to him day and night? God will not be slow to answer, and I tell you he will help us quickly.

I have seen the power of prayer in my own life. I remember when I was a teenage, my mother used to wake up at 3 in the morning to pray for the family every night. I sometimes heard her mentioning our names me and my sister while she was praying in our small living room. Few years later, God touched me in extra ordinary way, I started walking in the favor and anointing which I couldn't imagine before that I will experience. Her prayer changed me, and I thank God that she is still praying for us up to date.

This morning, God wants you to continue praying. God wants you to continue to PUSH- Pray Until Something Happens. If you have been given a burden for someone inside of you, it means God wants you to continue to praying until that burden flee you. In other words, if there is someone in your life, who needs to know the Lord, to reach in a certain dimension of faith or a certain degree of prosperity. And there is something deep in you which want to see that person reach on that area of life; that is what we call having a burden for someone.

We serve the God who answers prayers, I want to encourage you to continue praying for your family, friends, sons and daughters that they may know the Lord. The Lord needs you to pray, we need prayer warriors in the church of this age. We need people who will stand in prayers, without giving up, being persistent no matter what the situation. People who will have the lists of people in their dairies in whom they will continue praying for them until something new created in their spirits. You are blessed to be among of those people, play your part.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may help me to become one of the prayer warriors in this age. Help me to pray for my family and loved ones that no one should die without knowing You ooh Lord. Give me the persistent which was inside that widow, help me to continue praying until I see the answers. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



St. Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment