Friday, April 3, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

AT THE CROSS

Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

John 19:28-30 NIV

One last thing that Jesus took before He died was bitterness. The Bible says when He knew that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” There was a jar full of vinegar [sour wine] there, so the soldiers soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a branch of a hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' mouth.

When Jesus tasted the vinegar, he said, “It is ·finished [completed; accomplished].” Then He bowed His head and gave up His Spirit. Jesus tasted the pain and bitterness that each one of us had to experience in this life. That sponge of vinegar that He tasted represented the bitterness of all human kind. It was the last thing that Jesus took there at the cross, and then He finished His assignment.

I don't know what kind of bitterness you have been having inside of you. Maybe you have been bitter for years now. Maybe there is a certain thing cause pain in your heart every time you remember it. Maybe you lost your loved ones some years ago, and you still can't imagine your life without them. Some good Christians where abused when they were little, and maybe you are one of them; and that has caused you to reject love and fail to trust others.

This morning, I want you to know that Jesus took away your pain and bitterness there at the cross. He knew that in order for you to enjoy your life; He would have to take that bitterness away from you. He took it and you can be free today if you will go before Him and ask Him to take away that bitterness inside of you.

Maybe you are asking yourself why you are still alive while your loved ones who were better than you in many things are no longer here. I don't know why God does what He does; but I know that He has left you behind for a purpose. I know that there is something that He wants you to accomplish in this life that's why you are still alive until this day. Go to Jesus, and ask Him to take that pain, bitterness and resentment off your chest and that He may fill you with the joy of His Spirit. You shall receive that joy if you will ask Him by faith.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I thank You for your word. Lord I'm asking that You may take the pain and bitterness that I feel in my heart. I pray that You may lighten my heavy heart and fill me with your everlasting joy. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment