Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

HE VALUES YOU

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Mark 12:41-44 NIV

I remember I wrote about this passage of Scriptures few years ago. Today when I was doing some Bible studies I came across with this passage of widow's offering; and I felt the Lord is directing me to write something about it.

Jesus saw many rich men putting in large amounts into the temple treasury; later poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents. Jesus called His disciples and said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Although this poor widow put a small amount of money; but she gave more than all those rich people. “They have plenty, and they gave only what they did not need. This woman is very poor, but she gave all she had. It was money she needed to live on.” This teaches us that God respect whatever small things we give or contribute for His kingdom; if is all what we have.

This morning, I want you to know that God values your contribution for His kingdom. Maybe you are not that gifted like so and so in the Church. Maybe no one knows you, and sometimes you feel like God doesn't see what you do behind the scene for His kingdom. I'm here to encourage you to continue doing what you are doing because your Father who sees things that are done even in the secret will reward you.

Some Christians have been given the gift of praying for others. These precious saints pray and fast for the Church and ministers of the Church. They pray for the people problems without being asked by anyone. These people sometimes may be considered as useless; but in the reality are mostly needed. I don't know what you had been doing in your Church; but I want to encourage you to continue doing it knowing that you are extending the kingdom of God on this earth.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to continue serving You with a clean heart. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment