Sunday, April 12, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

LORD'S PURPOSE

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19:21 NIV

Every human being who has ever been born on this earth had a purpose. God allowed each one of us to be born; because He wanted us to fulfill His purpose in this world. There are many people who died without even knowing their purpose; and hence they didn't fulfill the will of God in their lives.

Many people are miserable because they are doing things that God did not intend them to do. We read the story of Zacchaeus who was very important tax collector, and he was wealthy in the Book of Luke. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but he was not able because he was too short to see above the crowd. He climbed a sycamore tree so he could see him. Jesus came and called him to come down, and He stayed in his house that day.

Zacchaeus was considered a sinner with many self-righteous people but when He met Jesus his life changed. He stood up and said to the Lord, “I will give half of my possessions to the poor. And if I have cheated anyone, I will pay back four times more.” If Zacchaeus hadn't met the Lord, He would die in his sins; and whatever he accumulated will be used by other people. He fulfilled his purpose of being an honest tax collector and giving half of his possessions to the poor. (Luke 19:1-10)

This morning, I want you to know that God is the only one who can show the purpose of your being. He is the one who created you, so if you what to know why He created you. You need to go back to Him and ask Him to show you His purpose for your life.

If you haven't given your life to the Lord Jesus Christ, then you need to surrender it to Him as the first stage of knowing your purpose in life. I believe Zacchaeus was miserable; because he was considered as a sinner with religious leaders and self-righteous Jews. When he met Jesus, his eyes were opened and immediately he knew what he supposed to do with his life. I believe if you will meet Jesus today; He will open your eyes and you will be able to understand what He wants you to do with your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Father, I'm asking that You may show me the purpose of my being. Lord speak with me in the language that I will be able to understand; that I may be able to fulfill my purpose before I die. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment