Saturday, July 6, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

FEELING FORGOTTEN?

But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me,
    the Lord has forgotten me.”
 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!
 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me.

Isaiah 49:14-16 NIV

When I was growing up, I saw my parents many times struggled inside for the people who they once helped, but later those people showed no sign of appreciation. There were people who my parents helped while I was still a boy and for some reasons they thought these people would one day remember  them, but they ended up forgetting them completely.

Most of the time we help people expecting something in return one day. Even if that will not be the case but at least to have a sense of appreciation from them. But most of the time found ourselves getting no help from these people who we once helped; as the result we blame ourselves why we did so at the first place.

You may be having this feeling that people you once helped have forgotten you. You may be asking that why I did for good, but they have returned bad? or you are thinking that if it is worth to continue helping others who will come to you since you profited nothing from what you did before.

This morning, God wants you to know that He will never forget you. It's true that there are some people who have forgotten your generosity and love which you once showed them. But every good thing which you did in a good conscience be sure that it was recorded before God.

God may not use those people to help you in the day of your need. But He will make the way where there seems to be no way, and open another door which you had no clue that exists! The Bible encourages us with these words,''Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.( Galatians 6:9, NIV)

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Help me to continue doing good, knowing in proper time I will reap a harvest if I will not give up. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment