Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

THE LOVE OF CHRIST

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3:17-19 NIV

I remember some years ago I came across with this quote,'“I asked Jesus, ‘How much do you love me?’ And Jesus said, ‘This much.’ Then He stretched out His arms and died.” I was still a young man, I did not understand the meaning of those words in a single night; but as life went on the reality of my life in Christ proved the love of Christ in me.

Paul the Apostle prayed for the Ephesians, he asked the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant them, according to riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith.

And he prayed that they may be rooted and established in love. This love which Paul talked about was Christ's love. Paul wanted Ephesians to understand how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. It was wide enough to reach the whole earth, long enough to connect heavens and earth, high enough to reach to the Father and deep enough to be known in hell.

This morning, I pray that you may be rooted and established in the love of Christ. I pray that you may understand that there is nothing which you can do which will make Jesus to love you less or there is nothing which you can do to make Him love you more. He loved you from the beginning, His love for you is unconditional, He loved you yesterday, He loves you today, and He will love you until the end.

You may ask yourself if God will love humanity this much, how come He will judge the wicked? God is merciful and He does not want to see anyone of us perish but He is a just God. He will judge us according to our deeds and everyone will receive his or her own reward. Jesus loves you.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. I'm asking that You may root me and establish me in your love. That I may understand how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment