Sunday, July 14, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

GIVE HIM A WORD

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”

Genesis 28:20-22 NKJV

Jacob made a vow to God when he was fleeing from his father's house to go to Laban his uncle in Haran. Rebekah his mother sent Jacob to his brother to prevent him from being killed by his brother Esau. Jacob stole the blessing of his brother Esau, and Esau planned to kill him when their father die.

Jacob knew that he will be alone in the journey and if he will not get help from God, he will not make it back home. God appeared to Him at Bethel and introduced Himself as the God of Abraham and God of Isaac his fathers, He told him that the land in which Jacob laid during that time, God will give it to his descendants.

After God appeared to him in a dream, when Jacob rose up he also gave God a word. He made a vow to God that if He will give him everything which pattern to life and return him safely in his father's house. He would build Him a house of prayer and give Him a tenth of every increase.

This morning, God wants you to know He has already given all the promises and blessings of life in His Word. If God gave you everything which you ever needed in life, the question what are you going to give Him in return? What are you going to do for Him while you are still living?

If you need to see God in your life, you better start giving Him your word. Telling Him if he is going to do this for you, you will go and do that for Him. Make sure after He has done what you asked of Him, to come back and fulfill all that you vowed to do for Him. It worked for Jacob, it will work for you if you will be faithful on what you said to Him. Shalom

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I give myself away to you that You may use me. My life is not my own, to you I belong ooh Lord. Use me and everything within me for your glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment