Saturday, July 20, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

 GOD OF ALL COMFORT

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 ESV

In the times of pain or grief we all need to be comforted by someone. If you asked people who suffer in one way or another in life, they will tell you that during their sufferings, even one word of comfort helped them to finish the day.

We all face problems in life, and during these times of trials we tend to seek for the sense of relief or consolation through friends and the people who surround us. Lou Holtz one day said, ''Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them."'  

If telling people my problems will not bring me the solution which I need and the comfort which I'm expecting, so who should I tell? Who is going to comfort me in the hour of my affliction? Who can I trust with the secrets and the problems which surround me? These questions my keep you awake all night and continue rolling in your mind the whole day.

This morning, God wants you to know He is able to give you all the comfort you need. He is the husband to the widow and the Father to the fatherless. He is a friend of the rejected, a friend who stick closer than a brother. He is the healer of the sick, the provider of the need and deliver of the oppressed.

He is the one you need to tell your problems, He will not ignore your cry. He will comfort you according to your need, He will not go out and talk to people about your things and take advantage of your weakness. We have God who can comfort us, do not be afraid just go before Him and pour your heart in His presence.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may come and comfort me this day. I surrender all my problems and trials before your throne. Comfort my heart and give me your peace. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment