Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Morning with Ebenezer

BACKSLIDING

 And when people escape from the wickedness of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then get tangled up and enslaved by sin again, they are worse off than before. It would be better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life. They prove the truth of this proverb: “A dog returns to its vomit.”And another says, “A washed pig returns to the mud.”

2 Peter 2:20-22 NLT

Backsliding is when a born-again believer in Christ turns back to sin or becomes stubborn in his heart and refuses to submit to the will of God in his life.We have many in the church of today who are backslidden, some they pretend to be strong Christians but in their hearts they refuses to submit to the will of God. The dangerous thing is that some of them are the preachers of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ; but they have backslidden because they have allowed sin in their lives.

Jesus said in Luke 9:62,''Jesus replied, “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” Here He was talking about backsliders, people who once decided to follow Him and after a while they started remembering old things. When I say the old things I mean, the life of sin which they had before accepting Christ as the Lord and Savior of their lives.

Jesus said these people do not fit for service of the kingdom of God. He meant that these people we not able to serve God, while they were still living the life of the past which they once rejected. 

The Apostle Peter gives an example of old proverb which says, “A dog returns to its vomit.”And another says, “A washed pig returns to the mud.” Here the Apostle Peter was teaching about who it's like when we backslide, it's just like a dog returns to its vomit or A washed pig returns to the mud.

Maybe you have been eating your vomits for years now, or every time when you are being washed by the Word you keep returning to the mud(sin). Every time you go back to your sinful life you become worse off than before. This has been bothering you, and God has heard your cry and today He has a solution for you.

This morning, God wants you to know that if you will go before Him and confess your sins,He is faithful, he will just forgive your sins and purify you from all unrighteousness, 1 John 1:9. When He forgives you, He will also heal you from all your waywardness as He promised in Hosea 14:4a, ''I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely. This is your day, now is your  hour so don't let this pass because God intended it just for you.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I know I'm a sinner, I'm not a sinner because I commit sins.I commit sins because I'm and I was born in this world a sinner. Forgive me where I have backslidden, heal my backsliding behavior and pour your love in my heart through the work of your  Holy Spirit. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment