Saturday, October 5, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

FOLLOW THE SPIRIT OF GOD NOT YOUR HEART

The heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked. No one can really know how bad it is!

Jeremiah 17:9 TLB

I have heard people saying in many occasions that follow your heart. It is not bad following your heart where it is necessary to do so; but for us who are in Christ Jesus is best to practice following the Spirit of God. The Bible is clear that the heart is the most deceitful thing and desperately wicked. No one can really understand it or even heal it.

There are many wicked things which are originated from the heart of man. Many bad thoughts and plans of evil; the fool says in his heart, "There is no God'', Psalm 53:1. When the fool fed his heart with lies that there is no God; he starts doing whatever please his evil desires in his heart. Here is where we see people do wicked things beyond measure because they fed their heart with lies that there is no God who can punish them.

I have followed my heart and make decisions which I came to regret later because I followed the dictate of my own heart and not God's. I have made decisions under the influence of the Spirit of God which until now I still praise God for directing me to make the right decisions. I have learnt that is the Spirit who gives life; human effort accomplishes nothing.(John 6:63)

This morning, God wants you to practice to follow His Spirit but not your heart. Many have followed their hearts and ended up in taking revenge which came to hurt many including the innocent. You may follow your heart to marry that person because you have fallen in love with him or her;  but regret for the rest of your life because he/she did not come from God.

If you would consent the Spirit of God before you decided to be with that person; you wouldn't experience that pain which makes you lack sleep now. The Holy Spirit knows the weakness which is in the heart; He will lead you in the path of the Lord which is according to His word. It may not be too fun for you, but it will end up to be the path of life; but if you will follow your heart and do whatever your heart desires, you will end up in the path of death.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord teach my heart to follow your Spirit. Help me to be submissive to His will and plan over my life; that I may make sound decisions all the days of my being. In Jesus' Name, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment