Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW

Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will.  But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31 NKJV

Sparrow is a any of several small dull-colored singing birds feeding on seeds or insects. In the days of Jesus two sparrows were sold for a copper coin, but Jesus said not one of them falls to the ground or died without the Father knowing it. He then continued saying even the very hairs of our heads are all numbered.

Then He encouraged His disciples by saying, ''So don’t worry! You are more valuable to him than many sparrows. He meant that we are more valuable to our Heavenly Father than many birds which die according to His will. There are words in the Gospel hymn called, “His Eye On The Sparrow”, which are as follow.


Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home

When Jesus is my portion
A constant friend is he
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches over me
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow


The author knew if God watched over Sparrow, He would watch over His affairs and there would be no reason to fear.

This morning, God wants you to stop fearing about the matters of this life. He knows what you need, He knows where you want to reach in life and He is more than willing to take you there if you will faint not. He has His set time to favor you so do not be afraid.

Start knowing that God watch over you and He will not allow the enemy to destroy you. Put your faith in His word, walk boldly knowing you have been given authority over principalities and power of darkness in the name of Jesus. You are a child of God and His eye is on the sparrow, and I know that He watches you.


****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord I surrender all my fears before You. I will walk by faith knowing You will always be there to take care me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment