Friday, October 4, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

THE TIMELESS BOOK

 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

Romans 15:4 NIV

This book changed my life. My mother used to tell me to read this book when I was in primary school. She said if I read it I will grow to be a better man and overcome the weaknesses which she was seeing in me in that tender age.

I remember reading it and couldn't understand a thing; and I told her that, "mommy I can't understand a thing in this Book, every time I read I don't get anything". She kept on encouraging me to read and we went together on the Gospel crusades and one of my prayers was to be able to understand the Bible.

Things were different at my first year of secondary school; I got to meet other young men like me who were reading and interpreting scriptures. I was challenged and I worked hard to be like them. When I was working hard trying to read and understand the Bible; God walked hard to change me.

It was the Bible which gave me confidence and faith that I can do anything as long as God is with me. A year later in my second year at Secondary School God started speaking with me through scriptures and it was the start of extra ordinary experience in the Holy Ghost.

Since then my life was not the same. I experienced a transformation power of the Spirit of God through pages of the Scriptures and I have seen the old me changing to a new self in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This morning, God wants you to read Scriptures that you may get the knowledge you need to excel in this life. The Bible will help you to know the truth about this world, heaven and hell. You will know that hell is real and heaven is splendor.

I just want to encourage you to read this timeless Book the Bible. It has been there for centuries, but it's still the best selling Book ever written in this world. Is that wonderful? Read it and it will change you.

***Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may build in me the desire to study your Word. Help me to understand Scriptures by the power of your Holy Spirit; that I may live a victorious life in this life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment