Thursday, October 17, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

GOLDEN RULE

“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 7:12 NASB

This golden rule can be found in some form in almost every ethical tradition but for us who are in Christ Jesus, it came from the Lord himself.  It is recorded in both Matthew and Luke Account of the Gospel (Matthew 7:12, see also Luke 6:31). It has its roots from two old testaments verses, found in Leviticus 19:18, 34.

You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the Lord, (ve.18). The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the Lord your God, (ve.34). 

Jesus of Nazareth emphasizes these words in different examples including the parable of the Samaritan, found in Luke 10:29-37. In this parable Jesus is indicating that your neighbor is anyone in need. Jesus is saying if we will treat people the same way we want them to treat us, we will be fulfilling what is written in the Law and the Prophets. Sadly many times we fail, and I
can admit in my personal life I have failed to live in that standard of the Scriptures several times, but still God has been merciful to me.

This morning, God wants you to start treating people the same you want them to treat you. He wants you to go out and encourage someone even if your life is still in mess. He wants you to be the song of hope for someone today even if it there is no one to encourage you and tell you that things will work together for your own good.

I know God is faithful because the Bible tells me so and I have seen it myself. I know if you go outside and be a source of joy to someone, God will open doors of joy for you too. I know if you will bless someone with that dime which is so important to you right now; God will open the door that you may make more than that dime which you do not want to let go.

You have a choice to make, if you are tired of being mistreated simply start treating people right and eventually it will come back to you. Remember these words of Jesus:  For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give—large or small—will be used to measure what is given back to you.”( Luke 6:38, TLB)

****Morning Prayer****
Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord help me to treat people the same way I want to be treated. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment