Monday, October 21, 2013

Morning with Ebenezer

THE JOY OF THE LORD

Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV

Have you ever felt weak and unable to face another day. Have you reached a point in life where you thought yesterday was better than today? Do you fear how you will be able to get through today and you don't know how you will be able to face tomorrow?

Is it your boss that makes you have sleepless nights and uncomfortable days at work? Are you in a broken relationship and you have tried all tricks to make it work; but it is the same old same? Do you seek acceptance from someone or love from people who you wish they could love you back and show the same affection which you are showing them?

Life can be a little bit challenging for each one of us. I know many times I have prayed that Lord you have given this temptation which I cannot bear, it is too much for me! But through it all I have been comforted that no matter what I'm going through the joy of the Lord is my strength.

This morning, God wants you to know that His joy is your strength. Joy is found when one is in right relationship with God. You cannot create joy for your own efforts; it comes automatically in the Spirit filled person. He can rejoice because they are in the Lord and continue to rejoice even when troubles come.

When the angel of the Lord appeared to the shepherds the day which Jesus was born, He said these words, ''But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.'' Jesus came to be the joy of the whole world, and He is your strength.

So just remember no matter what you are going through in life right now, the joy of the Lord is your strength. Jesus is your strength; He is the joy of the world.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may fill me with joy today. Be my strength and help me rejoice in You knowing You are in control over my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment