Monday, December 3, 2012

Morning with Ebenezer

WORDS

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips.


Psalm 141:3 NKJV


James who believed to be the half-brother of  our Jesus Christ wrote the following in the book of James 3:2, Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. If you will ask anyone who has grown up and mature enough to understand good and evil; he will tell you that in one way or another more than once in life he spoke something which later he came to regret.

The Psalmist David asked God to set a guard over his mouth; who will take control of what he says. David knew that without the help of God, he would not be able to speak what God wanted him to speak. He knew that apart from him being the king of Israel, great battle warrior of all times, and anointed servant of the living God. He needed God to help him controlling his tongue.

When we come to our times, many of us we find ourselves saying things even without thinking. We have said many things which hurt our friends, family members and some in the circle of our influence. Sometimes we justify those hurtful words which we said to them and think they dissolved such kind of words.

In this matter, the guilty comes to me too! This morning, God wants to change our hearts; because the Bible says from the abundance of our hearts our mouths speak, Luke 6:45. In other words we speak what fills our hearts. We need God to help us in the area of words, if we will let God control our tongues through his Holy Spirit, we would be able to gain control of all other areas of our lives though the aid of His Spirit.

****Morning with Ebenezer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may forgive me for all those hurtful words which I spoke against my fellow men. Lord please change my heart, and let your Spirit to gain total control over my mouth. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment