Thursday, December 20, 2012

Morning with Ebenezer

CHRISTIAN LIFE

 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NIV

Paul uses the example of athletics who leave everything behind so that they can get the prize. He said that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize. But before getting this prize, anyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. All of this are done in order they can get a perishable crown, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Paul continued that in his side, he was not doing it like someone who doesn't have a goal.He was fighting like the boxer who was hitting something but no just a air! Paul uses the figure of boxing to represent the Christian life. He does not aimlessly beat the air, but he severely disciplines his own body is serving Christ.

Paul realizes that he must with rigor serve the Lord and battle against sin. If he fails in this, he may be excluded from the reward. Paul knew that Christian life is a fight, fighting against sin and the wiles of the devil. He prepared everyday that at the end of the day he may come forth as the winner! He wanted to get a crown which will last forever in that day of accountability.[ 1 Cor 3:10-15, Matthew 12:36]

This morning, God wants you to know that there is a race which you must run and the victories to be won! He wants you to know that Christian life is a battle against sin. God wants you to start disciplines your own body that you may be able to serve Christ. 

You need to focus on your goal of inheriting the kingdom of God; God is able to help you through His Spirit to attain that goal. Always remember Christian is a battle against sin, and God has given you a victory through Jesus! You need to continue walking in that victory, that you may get imperishable crown when that great day comes. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that You may give me strength to fight the good fight of faith. To take hold of eternal life to which I was called when I made a confession of my faith to Jesus before many witness the day which I received you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment