Saturday, September 29, 2012

Morning with Ebenezer

THE GOD OF DAVID

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.


Psalm 94:19 KJV


King David was one of the great kings ever ruled in Israel. David knew the Lord, he feared God from his young age and that's why in the age of seventeen years old he killed the great warrior of Philistines who was known as Goliath by using a small smooth stone which he kept in his shepherd's bag (1 Samuel 17:49). Since the time he killed Goliath and married a daughter of Saul who was the first king of Israel, David was running from here to there because king Saul wanted to kill him for he knew David will be a king after him.


During those days which David was running from one city to another, one kingdom to the another God was still with him. During those thirteen years of running from Saul who wanted to kill him, he got a chance to see and to know God who derives who trust him. He wrote many songs which reflected what he was going through that time and He praised his God for being faithful in all His ways and later those writings came to produce the book of Psalms which is one of the most comforting book in the Bible.


One day he said, ''In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul''. Which he meant when am worried about many things, your assuring words calm or relieve my soul. David knew the secret of overcoming depression and to have a stress free life was through reading and meditating the Word of God. He knew if he was in the middle of a certain crisis where his enemies wanted to kill him; he knew that, 'he shall not die, but live. And declares the works of the Lord,( Psalm 118:17).


This morning you may be having many thoughts about your situation in life right now. May you have sleepless night for quiet some time now and you don't know to get out of it. I'm encouraging you to go and find a Word in the Bible which speaks concerning your situation, read it carefully, then meditate it and start speaking according to that Word. When you will start speaking by faith it will be no longer you speaking, but God will be speaking against your situation through His Word. The God of David is your God, believe me that very soon you will get the answer you need and the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ will feel your soul once again.


****Morning with Ebenezer****


Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


Heavenly Father, I thank You for your Word. Lord I'm asking that you may give me strength to read your Word, understand it and be able to make it to be my daily meditation. That in the day of my trial I may be able to have your Word within me to speak against any circumstances which will arise before me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment