Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Morning with Ebenezer

EFFORTS IN DOING GOOD

For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
Romans 7:15, 19-20 (NKJV)

       Many of us in one way or another have asked ourselves, ‘why every time when I tried to be a good person is the time which I found myself committing big mistakes in my life?’ Some people when they get married they promised themselves and their spouses that they will be good husbands and wives but they found themselves ending with divorces.

      Some people made vow before God that if He would help them study and have the good jobs they desired in their lives; they would do their level best in insuring that they help the need and poor but they ended stealing to their companies and accumulate wealth for their own selfish gain. Many of us in some areas of life we are trying our best that we may overcome bad habits, pride, bitterness, resentment, lust for sex and money but we find ourselves unable to do so.

         Paul the Apostle experienced the same problem in the days of his flesh, every time he wanted to do good that he may please God and people around him, he found himself unable to do so. He said that,
''For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do''. Later Paul came to discover that inside of him there was a sin which caused him to do evil instead of good. Final he came to understand that, due to what he had been experiencing in his life that's why Jesus came to set him free from the curse of sin and death.

       You may be having the same problem which Paul had and all of us before knowing Jesus we experienced. The good news is this, Jesus died on the cross that you may be free from sin and death. Not only that but also you may start living in the grace that means; you will never please God on your own doings of the fresh but through His Son Jesus you have got the redemption of your sins and the right to live godly life in Christ Jesus. Jesus through His Holy Spirit, He is the one who will give you the strength and direction to live according to the Word of God; if you will be willing to obey and let Jesus to have a control over your life today. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....


        Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word. Now am asking that You may forgive me for thinking that I can overcome sin by my own strength. Help me to overcome sin by Your Spirit and that I may live according to Your Word through the power of Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment