Monday, November 30, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

I AM NOTHING

And if I have prophetic powers (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God’s love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).

1 Corinthians 13:2 AMPC

Yesterday we started discussing the Series of Love according to first Corinthians 13. Today we will continue with our Series. Paul the Apostle continued by saying, "And if I have a prophetic power”; this is the gift of interpreting the divine and will and purpose, mostly known as prophetic gift.

Then he says if I understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge. Here Paul was talking about those people in the body of Christ who have been given gifts such as word of wisdom, word of knowledge and prophecy. God reveals to them hidden mysteries for the edification of the Church; and give them understand on the things that mere man can't understand. Then he says, “If I have sufficient faith so that I can remove mountains, but not love (God's love in me) I am nothing!”

This is so scary; sometimes we think people who have the gifts that are much seen in the body of Christ will receive the greater reward. The reality is the opposite, the Lord will reward our works according to the amount of love we put in it. If we loved the Lord as He commanded us and love our neighbors as our own selves.

This morning, I want you to know that at the end of the day only the things that done through love will be counted. You can prophesy to all people who will come in your life and help many understand their purposes in life. If you will not do them by love, you will not have any reward at the end of the day.

Your work will be in vain, your struggle will not be counted nor will you get anything from the Lord. You need to learn to love others; you need be genuine in your love and make sure you do not be like the hypocrites. You can be a source of joy and hope to someone who is hurting right now out there. I want to encourage you to ask the Lord to give you the strength to walk in love. We shall continue with this Series of Love according to 1 Corinthians 13 tomorrow, God bless you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer.... 

Dear Heavenly Father, teach me to love like your Son Jesus Christ. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment