Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

LOVE THE MOTIVATOR

Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned or in order that I may glory, but have not love (God’s love in me), I gain nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 AMPC

There is a difference between doing charity works and walking in love. Many people things people who own charity organizations; and those who give themselves in doing charity works in the society have love in them. I believe most of these people do these good works for good intentions; but in order they can a reward from God they need to offer their services through love.

Paul says If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing.  In other words giving your things to the poor, feeding them won't profit you anything; if love is not a motivator of your actions. If you will sacrifice yourself to die for others; but if you don't have love, your sacrifice will be nothing before God.

Love should be a motivator of all of our charitable deeds. We shouldn't do charity works that we may be counted as good people in the society. We shouldn't start charity programs or organizations that we may get material gains; or profit from donors contributions. Love should be the motivator of our giving, offerings and sacrifices in life.

This morning, I want to urge you to make sure that love is the motivator of charitable deeds in the society. If you want to help someone make sure that you do it by love. Don't help people because you to be known as helpful person in your community or Church. Don't do things that you may get praise from people and maybe leave your mark in history books.

If you do things that you may be seen, then you won't get anything from God. Your efforts and hard work will be in vain. God won't count anything; people may praise you and mention your name every now and then. But honestly that is what you are going to get, and you won't get anything from God. We shall continue with this Series of Love according to First Corinthians 13 tomorrow, God bless you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for your word. Lord help me to let love be the motivator of all of my actions. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment