Monday, November 23, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

LET IT GO

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Hebrews 8:12 NIV

We have been talking about forgiving others, ourselves and God. There is something that many Christians are still struggling in this subject of forgiveness. Many are willing to forgive but they don't want to forget what was done to them.

The Bible says God will forgive us our wickedness and will remember our sins no more. When God forgives us He forgets all what we have done to Him and starts with a clean slate. I believe He wanted us too to forgive and forget too.

Most of us struggle in this area. We are willing to forgive but we like to remind ourselves what people did to us and; this may cause us to mistreat them every now and then. It’s like a hidden form of revenge on them. We want to remember that we may categories them in a certain group in our minds; then refuse to accept that they may somehow come to change one day. 

This morning, I want to encourage you to ask God to give you strength to let it go. I know you may be bothered by the presence of some people who hurt you in the past. Forgiving people doesn't mean that you have to trust them as you did before; but it simply mean to look beyond their faults. You need to give them a chance to show you that they can change and if possible earn your trust once again.

No one is perfect, so we all need to learn to live with each other. We need to let love have its way in our lives. I want to encourage you to let go that anger, pain, and hate before the Lord. He will help you to live the life worth of your calling in Christ Jesus our Lord. We shall continue with this Series Forgiveness tomorrow, God bless you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to forgive and forget. Help me to let go all the pain that people caused me in the course of my life. Help me to be willing to give people second chances knowing that anyone can change one day by the help of Holy Spirit. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment