Thursday, November 19, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

FORGIVE

But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”

Mark 11:26 NKJV

We will start a Series about Forgiveness. I know the reason the Holy Spirit keeps on returning this in my heart is because there are some people who need to forgive some people or situations in their lives. Jesus was very direct when He said if we do not forgive, neither will our Father in heaven forgive our trespasses.

One day I was talking with someone who was struggling in the area of forgiveness. She told me its okay if we may not forgive; because even God knows that is so hard to forgive. God understands it so she will not forgive some people in her life because it’s hard. I gave her above verse and told her the only way for us to receive forgiveness from God is through forgiving others.

I told her that with our own strength we can't forgive; but with God all things are possible. I told her that's why the Spirit of God came to this world to help us in our weaknesses. God knew there were so many areas that we struggled in this life; so He sent Him specifically to help us overcome our struggles in different areas. I told the only way you can receive that Spirit of God is through accepting Jesus as the Lord and Savior your life. Then you will be saved and receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

This morning, I want to encourage you to forgive. I know that you heard of this subject before and it is not a new thing to you. If there is still some sort of unforgiveness in you then you need to let it go too! You may be able to forgive your co-workers, neighbor who throws the trash in your backyard; or a driver who cursed you on your way to work this morning. 

In the mean time you may be struggling to forgive your mother in law who tends to boss you around in your own house every time she visits. Your sister in law who thinks she is better than you simply because you are married to her brother. Your ex who cheated on you with your best friend; or that relative who it is believed bewitched your family members and make them suffer. You need to forgive all of them no matter how big the offenses. God help you in this! We shall continue with this Series of Forgiveness tomorrow, God bless you!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for your word. Lord I'm asking that You may give me the grace to forgive. I can't do it by my own, help me Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment