Thursday, October 22, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

HAVE FAITH IN HIS PROMISES

Then one of them said, “I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son.”

Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”

Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Genesis 18:10-14 NIV

Sarah was past the age of childbearing and the Lord came with the promise of the child. When Sarah heard this the first time she laughed because she didn't believe if that will be possible. Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

It was the promise of God that changed the history of this world. The child who was born continued the lineage that brought forth our Lord Jesus Christ. Then we see in chapter 21 on the book of Genesis the Lord visited Sarah as He had spoken. For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. And Abraham called the name of his son who was born to him—whom Sarah bore to him—Isaac.

Abraham received his promise in an old age, but he rejoiced the fact that God was faithful. Maybe you are waiting for a certain promise of God in your life. It may be possible you are just like Sarah; you have believed God for a child for a while now. Some of you believe God for certain miracles in your life. It may be healing miracles, financial breakthrough, reconciliation or salvation for loved ones. 

This morning, I want to encourage you to have faith on God's promise over your life. He has given us many promises in the Scriptures that if we walk right before Him we will receive them. I don't know what kind of things you want to receive from God that are written in the Bible; but I know that God is able and willing to give them to you freely if you will trust Him.

There are those personal promises that God gave us in different periods of our lives. Some of these promises seem to be unattainable because of the way we see our environments, where we came from and what we have right now in life. I'm here to encourage you that God will do it, no matter how you life looks like right now. He will surely do it; you just keep on trusting Him. We are going to continue with this Faith Series tomorrow by continue exploring the life of the Father of Faith, Abraham.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I know you will fulfill all the promises that You have given me. Help me to continue walking by faith before You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment