Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

BREEDING GROUND

The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

 “I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
 I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you.”

Genesis 12:1-3 NIV

Yesterday we saw how Abraham obeyed God by leaving his home country; and go where God wanted him to go. After he obeyed the voice of the Lord; God started giving him promises and directions. He told him his life purpose and the blessings that will follow him along the way.

We see in the verse two of the book of Genesis God says the following, “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

God said He would make Abraham a great nation, then He would bless him; make his name great, and he would be a blessing. He then said he would bless those who bless him, and whoever curses him, God would curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through Abraham. Here God was talking about the Nation of Israel that came from Abraham. The nation of Israel has blessed the world in many different ways throughout the history and the savior of the world came from her. Then he warned whoever curse the seed of Abraham, will be cursed. In other words whoever curses Israel regardless how close he thinks he is to God. He will be cursed, but whoever blesses Israel, he will be blessed too. 

This morning, I want you to know faith is the breeding ground for promises of God to be fulfilled in your life. Abraham believed God, he had faith in Him; and in due time God fulfilled all what He said about him and his descendants. God said through Abraham all peoples on earth including you and I will be blessed. This promise has been fulfilled in Christ Jesus; His death on the Cross and resurrection from the dead brought us forth salvation that is obtained by faith in Him.

Jesus, who is the seed of Abraham, came to save all humanity. Now salvation is obtained freely to all of those who believe. Maybe God spoke to you that one day He will make you to be a blessing to your family, Church, friends or work place. I want to encourage you to have faith that the day is coming when that promise will come to pass. God wants to bless you that you may be a blessing, open your heart today that you may receive the blessings of God in your life through Christ Jesus. We are going to continue with this Faith Series tomorrow by continue exploring the life of the Father of Faith, Abraham.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I have faith that You will bless me and I will be a blessing. I know that no matter how many promises You have made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment