Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

CALLING OF GOD

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

John 12:26 KJV

We have people in the Church who are running away from their calling. I have learned that obeying the calling of God is not easy as many of us think. Most of the time we cry that God may use us like the way He wants; but when God comes down to start using us not all of us have enough courage to accept His calling.

Ministry may seem to be easy when we see great men and women of God operating in the areas where God has called them. We may all want to jump and become like them even tomorrow morning; but things are not easy as they sometimes seen.

These men and women of God fought great battles to reach where they are right now. They have trusted God in thick and thin; and whenever they were afraid, they trusted God for deliverance. If God has called you, He will make sure you reach your destination in Christ if you will be obedient to His voice. Running away from the calling will just cause you to be swallowed by a big fish as Jonah did in the Bible. (Jonah 1-4)

This morning, I want to encourage you to accept the calling of God. You asked God to give you education, He did. You asked God to give you a good paying job, He did. You asked God for a spouse, He gave you one and bless you with beautiful children. It's about time for you to stand and serve Him with all of your heart. Even if you don't have all what I have mentioned above; but still you are required to serve Him in your life.

It will be wonderful if each one of us in the Church of Jesus Christ will serve our Lord with all of our hearts. It is not enough to have a Christian name or to be known as a born again believer; but you are supposed to serve the Lord too! Your service is needed in the body of Christ; you contribution is important for the extension of the kingdom of God. Serve the Lord today!

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, if You can use anything; use me Lord. Use me for your glory, help me to accept your calling that I may serve You in all the days of my life. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment