Sunday, June 21, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

TAKE ME BACK

Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lamp-stand from its place—unless you repent.

Revelation 2:4-5 NKJV

Andrea Crouch once sang, "Take me back, take me back dear Lord; to the place where I first received you. Take me back; take me back dear Lord where I First believed." Then he counted by this verse, "I feel that I'm so far from you Lord. But still I hear you calling me. Those simple things that I once knew, their memories keep drawing me. (Andrea Crouch, Take Me Back)

Some of us have been far from the Lord. We were once so busy with the things of the Lord; but as years went by we came to a point that we are no longer interested to know God as we once did. We used to pray, fast and reading the word of God in daily basis. We gave ourselves to the Lord and surrendered everything completely to Him; but later the cares, riches and pleasures of this life choked us and we didn't continue in His way.

There were times in my life that I didn't commit myself to Him as I once did. One thing I have learned is that the Lord will keep calling you until you obey His call. He won't rest until you turn back to Him. He will continue to remind you and ask you to come back to Him. Many of us hear this call daily; but we tend to ignore and think we have more time to repent and hence we go on with our lives.

This morning, I want to encourage you to ask our precious Master, to take you back to the place where you first received Him. Ask our good Lord to renew your faith, restore your joy and dry your weeping eyes. You can't make it all alone; you need the help of the Lord that you may go back to Him.

Our Lord Jesus Christ talks to us in the Book of Revelation that we have lost our first love. He says we need to remember therefore from where you have fallen; this means which kind of sin pulled you back from your way. Then repent and do the first works, this involves forsaking the life of sin and start seeking the Lord of life. If we won't do that, the Lord will come quickly and remove our lamp-stand from its place. He will take away our position and dominion in the spiritual realm; and the enemy will have the chance to attack us and make us his slaves. 

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer...

Dear Father, I thank You for your word. I must confess, Lord I've been blessed, but yet my soul's not satisfied. Renew my faith, restore my joy, and dry my weeping eyes. I tried so hard to make it all alone. I need your help just to make it home. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment