Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Morning with Ebenezer

ABUSE

He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 147:3 ESV

We have members in the Church of Jesus Christ who suffered abuse when they were young. There are those who were physically abused, some were mentally and psychologically abused and we have those who were sexually abused.

Many problems that come to manifest in these people when they grow up most of the time are the results of those abuses. These people found themselves abused by the people who they once trusted and respected. Many of people have abused by relatives, friends and sometimes even immediate family members.

Many feel shy to confess these experiences as the result the devil keep on suppressing them day and night. Abuse causes these people to have a low self esteem and a lot of trust issues. Those women, who were abused by men, struggle to trust men and fail to trust even their husbands when they get married. It is the same for those men who were abused by women or even women who were abused by women all of those tend to struggles in trusting those figures that abused them.

This morning, I want you to know that Jesus can deliver you from all the chains of abuse. Maybe you are having problems in your marriage because you have concluded that all men are the same. You may be struggling to trust your husband because someone close to you once betrayed your trust and took advantage of you.

Maybe you are struggling to trust male or female figure because of the experience you had in the past. I'm here to encourage you to go to Jesus and ask Him to deliver you from the pain of abuse; and set you free from all the bitterness that you are feeling every time you remember about the abuse. I pray that the Lord may touch you and deliver you completely from anything that was the result of abuse in your life.

****Morning Prayer****

Pray this prayer with me by faith and God is going to answer your prayer....

Dear Heavenly Father, I'm asking that You may deliver me from anything that was brought by any form of abuse in my life. Help me to forgive and pray for those who abused me; letting them go that I may move forward with the life that You have prepared for me in Christ Jesus my Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment